Fish Count Data Search
The department, federal agencies, and nongovernment organizations operate counting projects to count the numbers of migrating fish (primarily salmon), using weirs, sonars and counting towers in a number of streams throughout Alaska. This tool is used by the various fisheries divisions for a variety of management objectives. This website has compiled counts from a number of different sources to provide inseason and historical data.
This site does not include all of the sites in the state, only those for which inseason data is readily accessible. All counts for the current year are considered preliminary data and subject to change.
Search Fish Counts
Begin by selecting a location:
This drop down menu provides you with a list of Northern, Southwest and Southcentral streams for which current or historical fish count data is available.
Harvest per Effort
For Southeast Areas
Top 20 recent searches
- Copper River (Miles L) Sockeye
- Kenai River (Chinook) Chinook - Early Run
- Russian River Sockeye - Early Run
- Anchor River Chinook
- Kenai River (late-run sockeye) Sockeye
- Ninilchik River (Mile 2) Chinook
- Deshka Chinook
- Little Susitna Chinook
- Kasilof River (sockeye) Sockeye
- Ninilchik River Chinook
- Situk River Steelhead
- Buskin River Sockeye
- Crooked Creek Chinook
- Situk River Sockeye
- Nushagak River Chinook
- Russian River Sockeye - Late Run
- Fish Creek Sockeye
- Situk River Chinook
- Anchor River Steelhead
- Kenai River (Chinook) Chinook - Late Run
- Southeast Alaska Fish Count/Escapement counts are found in the Division of Commercial Fisheries section.
- See also the Kuskokwim Area fish counts/escapement data
- See also the Yukon Area fish counts/escapement data
- See also the Norton Sound Area fish counts/escapement data
- Copper River Sockeye Salmon Escapement Preliminary inseason sockeye salmon escapement estimates for the Copper River.
These estimates are collected by Division of Commercial Fisheries
- Southeast Management Areas Sport Fish Fishing Reports contain harvest-per-effort statistics.
- See also the Statewide sonar programs for more detail about estimates generated by the Department's sonar programs.