Instructor-led Hunter Education Course
The Instructor-led hunter education course is typically a one-day or two-evening event.
There are a few EASY steps to enroll in the Instructor-led hunter education course.
- Pick up and pay $10.00 for a hunter education packet at any Fish & Game office.
- Sign up in a log book for a course in your area. The Instructor-led course offerings are normally 8-hours long; typically a full Saturday or two evenings during the week.
- Study the material in each chapter of the hunter education study manual and then complete the hunter education workbook. The workbook MUST be completed prior to attending the classroom portion of the course led by certified volunteer instructors.
- Attend the class date(s) that you signed up for.
- Certified volunteer instructors will complete a review of course material, including a firearms handling exercise with "non-functional" firearms. The remainder of the course will be a field course and a shooting proficiency. The final part of the Instructor-led course is completion of a 50-question multiple-choice written test. A portion of this course is outdoors so please dress accordingly.
- The student must successfully complete the field course, shooting proficiency, and written test to be certified. If any portion is not successfully completed, the student must sign up to take a future course.