Sport Fishing Regulations
How to use this Site
- Select a region from the map or nearby text listing and look for region-wide regulations.
- Then go to the drainage or area you will be fishing and look for specific regulations.
- NOTICE: Emergency Orders (EOs) always supersede the published regulations.
Check for current EOs & News Releases before finalizing your plans.
- Northern Regulations
- Southwest Alaska Regulations
- Southcentral Alaska Regulations
- Southeast Alaska Regulations
You may order hard copies for all of the Sport Fish regulations summaries by visiting our regulation request page or by calling (907) 465-4180
- Proposed regulatory change to update year in logbook and vessel registration forms (PDF 107 kB)
- Licensing Information
- Proxy Fishing
- Vehicles in Streams
- Creel Surveys
- Guide Requirements
- Fish Count Database Search
- Fishing with Bears
- Salmon Identification (PDF 447 kB)
- Rockfish Identification and Conservation (PDF 761 kB)
- Trout and Other Species Identification (PDF 361 kB)