Statewide Salmon Landings by Area
Commercial Salmon Fisheries
If a login screen appears below, please try refreshing the webpage using your browser's refresh button.
*Data are subject to change.
What is in this report?
This report includes harvest attributed to state managed fisheries, test fisheries, hatchery harvest, commercial sale of derby fish, and Annette Island fisheries. All harvest was recorded on an ADF&G fish ticket.
What is not in this report?
This report does not include forfeited catch (bycatch overage), seized harvest, discards, donated fish, decomposed or infested catch, fish retained for bait, or harvest retained for personal use.
CFEC permit holders and processors are not required to record prices on fish tickets. Therefore, these reports do not include value information. Fish tickets reflect a record of landing, not necessarily a receipt of sale.
What data are confidential?
To protect confidentiality these data are aggregated to the level of 3 entities per row in compliance with ADF&G confidentiality guidelines. For Fish Ticket data, entities are determined by the unique permits (permit count), processors (processor count) and vessel (vessel count).
What do these fields mean?
- Year - The year the landings occurred as recorded on ADF&G fish tickets
- Area - Areas are defined by groupings of statistical areas as recorded on ADF&G fish tickets. Area groupings follow those depicted on the Commercial Salmon Statistical Area Maps and Charts.
- Species Name - The species as recorded on ADF&G fish tickets. Landings recorded as "small Chinook", or Jack Salmon, are included in the Chinook Salmon records.
- Number of Fish (estimated) - Number of animals is a count of each species in the catch or harvest. While not required, most salmon fish tickets record the number of fish harvested as well as the pounds. This field is estimated by processors and may not reflect the actual number of fish harvested.
- Landed Weight (lbs) - The weight in pounds of the fish in the condition that they were landed and weighed at the dock/processing facility. The landed weight is often referred to as the scale weight.
- Whole Weight (lbs) - The weight in pounds of the entire fish before being headed, gutted or otherwise having their condition altered. For fish that were delivered in a condition other than whole, the whole weight is estimated using a Product Recovery Rate.
- Permit Count - The number of permits as estimated by the number of unique permit serial numbers recorded on ADF&G fish tickets. This figure does not include additional counts for landings made via a dual permit holder or joint venture operation. Only primary permits are included in the count.
- Processor Count - The number of processors as estimated by the number of unique Processor Codes recorded on ADF&G fish tickets.
- Vessel Count - The number of vessels as estimated by the number of unique ADFG vessel numbers recorded on ADF&G fish tickets.
For questions concerning these data please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ADF&G retains intellectual property rights to data collected by or for ADF&G. Any dissemination of the data must credit ADF&G as the source, with a disclaimer that exonerates the department for errors or deficiencies in reproduction, subsequent analysis, or interpretation. The State of Alaska, Department of Fish and Game, makes no express or implied warranties (including warranties of merchantability and fitness) with respect to the accuracy, character, function, or capabilities of the data, services, or products or their appropriateness for any particular purpose. The Department of Fish and Game is not liable for any direct, incidental, indirect, special, compensatory, consequential, or other damages suffered by the user or any other person or entity from the use of or failure of the data, services, or products even if the Department of Fish and Game has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage. The entire risk as to the results of the use of the data, services, or products is assumed by the user. Data may be subject to periodic change without prior notification.